If you are looking at cutting sugar to lose weight then there are a few factors you should think about first. Losing weight is never the easiest of tasks and more often than not people tend to fail at it. So many products that we never thought of contain hidden sugars and salt – it’s no wonder so many people stumble!
The Love Affair
Yes many people have developed a natural ‘love affair’ with sugar which only adds to their weight problems. This love affair can often mean that many of us are getting to many calories on a daily basis
Most of us can do with cutting sugar to lose weight! In a lot of cases it tends to be more the sugar that we add to things that’s the problem. Natural sugars like fruit sugars and dairy sugars are not to be stressed over – they come with a truck load of nutrients that level out the playing field!
When cutting sugar to lose weight it is good practice to start reading food labels in the supermarkets. I’m not very good at this myself and often find I buy something I think is healthy only to get it home and realize it is off the chart in sugars!
These labels on consumer foods are also a bit tricky or sly at times so keep an eye out. In a lot of cases they will use other words to describe sugar and this catches a lot of people out. They have no idea they are buying something so unhealthy until somebody points it out to them!
Tips For Cutting Sugar to Lose Weight
- The first thing you should think about doing is set up a regular eating regime. By eating regularly you are keeping your blood sugar levels topped up. When blood sugar levels drop people get very tired, irritable and hungry – they are more likely to eat sugary snack foods at this point!
- Try and purchase foods that are relatively close to their original form. The metabolic qualities change when food is processed and the ‘bad’ sugar rises. When food is more natural and not tampered with it contains much less sugar than the processed equivalent.
- There are natural spices that can be used to great effect when cutting sugar to lose weight. These spices can add a certain sweetness to your food and replace sugar altogether. Why not try coriander or cinnamon in your cooking? I’ve heard that nutmeg is also worth a try to!
- Have a supply of fruit ready for whenever the ‘sugar monster’ in your mind turns up! Fruit will give you both fiber and nutrients and will also curb some of those sugar desires. The trick here is to reach for a piece of fruit when you would normally reach for a sugary snack!
- Where is the candy jar or cake rack in your kitchen? Are the pastries constantly on display? Move all temptations out of your line of sight and keep them hidden. Why would you want to make the whole process any harder on yourself?
- A good way to cutting sugar to lose weight is to start creating your own salad dressings. I was taught this about five years ago and I have been feeling the effects ever since! A lot of these more commercial types of salad dressings have a high content of sugar or high-fructose corn syrup – neither of which are good for the stomach bulge! Try using some decent extra virgin olive oils and a mix of balsamic vinegar – you will be surprised at the results!
- Breakfast is thought to be the most important meal of the day – it is also important if you plan on cutting sugar to lose weight. Even the healthy breakfasts seem to be loaded with sugar and salt these days – you have to be very careful. I would advise to stay away from boxed cereals and stick to wholemeal/wholegrain toast instead.
- If you can manage to switch your eating habits to whole grains you will see a steady decrease in your sugar intake. When cutting sugar to lose weight it’s advisable to replace the white pasta and white bread with the whole grain alternatives. There is a heavy sugar difference between the two but unfortunately the whole grain options are always a little more expensive ( isn’t it always the case with more healthier choices? ).
So if you are planning on cutting sugar to lose weight take note of the tips we have supplied for you above. With a little caution and know-how you can drastically reduce your daily sugar intake and slim that figure right down!
If you know of any other methods involving cutting sugar to lose weight please leave them in the comment section below. We would love to have your opinion and new ideas to bump up the information within this article. Thanks for dropping by!!