In this article we will be looking at ways to reduce body fat percentage quickly and become healthier at the same time. Have you asked yourself why you want to reduce fat? Do you remember the moment when the light switched on and you decided you needed to trim down?
There are many different reasons to reduce body fat percentage quickly. A lot of the more common motivators are that you want to look trim again or you are taking a new look at your health.
Whatever the reason is – it’s a really positive move on your behalf ( so well done! ). With self discipline and hard work you can reduce body fat percentage quickly and reach the health level you were looking for.
How to Reduce Body Fat Percentage Quickly
1. So from here you must try and calculate your body fat percentage. There are various ways to do this but the simplest by far is using calipers. Start up a journal on your body fat percentage and make a record of this initial calculation. Continuously record your body fat percentage at a rate of about every month to six weeks.
2. This is the part most of you out there are dreading – get out and get some cardio in! This cardio exercise will enable you to lose body fat fast but only if you engage in it at least five times a week. My cardio weapon of choice is always going to be running but I realize not everyone is going to be up for this!
If running is not an option for you then why not try a simple brisk walk every day – it’s not so nice in the city but if you are rural this is a lovely choice of cardio! Cycling is again another effective choice for cardio or even swimming. The ball is in your court so pick something you feel you are comfortable with and you can succeed with.
3. Once you have got a little cardio under your belt and you feel your body is a little fitter and sturdier you may want to introduce a little interval training. Interval training is known to be a lot more effective at smashing those calories than normal rate training ( running, swimming etc etc ).
I always use the run and walk technique as beforehand I was not so experienced in interval training. You simply run ( or jog ) for four to five minutes and then switch to a walk for the same length of time – rinse and repeat!
4. Now I am not the world’s strongest when it comes to weight training and I will always be the first to admit that! But if you can get some weight training into this regime you will reduce body fat percentage quickly.
Working all of your major muscle groups builds muscle mass – this is really helpful when it comes to your rest periods. And what do I mean by than? Well basically it aids the burning of calories when you are at rest.
It is recommended that you attempt weight training at least three days a week to reduce body fat percentage quickly. I personally prefer full body weight training as I like to get it over and done with in less gym visits ( I’m not a fan of weight training and I do not get the ‘buzz’ off it like I do from athletics! ). If this full body training is to much for you simply alternate every day – top half one day, bottom half the next etc etc.
5. Now, we’ve left the diet side of things until last due to it being a separate issue really. You are trying to subtract at least 600 calories from your diet a day. For faster results ‘up the auntie’ so to speak and raise the calorie reduction limit!
If you want to reduce body fat percentage quickly you must sit down and figure out where you are going to lose these calories from. I personally always shoot for the white bread and processed foods first but everyone’s different!
Some of you may want to cut back on the candy, others may want to cut out the weekly burgers and so on and so on! you must instead turn to nutritious foods that are used for dieting techniques – low sugar foods, lean meats, low fat dairy fruit and veg ( you know the drill! ).
Reduce Body Fat Percentage Quickly But Sensibly
This is a little warning we had to include due to past experiences ( my own! ). When you see the weight slide off and your body start to return to that youthful state you may well want to push it that little bit further.
Please don’t do this! You are looking at ways to reduce body fat percentage quickly, you are not looking to harm yourself! Aim to lose no more than 1 or 2 pounds per week. Rapid weight loss can cause health problems and is less effective in the long run.
If you want to reduce body fat percentage quickly and are looking to have some questions answered please leave them in the comment section below. We love interaction on this site as it only helps the advice and information evolve